[teknoids] Weird network printing problem

Tracey McCartney tracey at fairhousing.com
Mon Apr 3 16:10:52 EDT 2006

We have a new-ish color laser printer sitting on our network.  All the
computers and other devices in the office have private 192. IPs. The
printer also has a private, static IP.

The desktop computer in the office (static private IP) can ping and
print to the printer just fine.  But two laptops in the office cannot
even ping it.  I thought it might be because the laptops have
dynamically assigned addresses, but I've since made mine static, and it
still won't work.

My laptop can see every other device on the network, just not this one.

Any ideas about what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Tracey